The Healing Power of Garnet
Among all the crystals available out there, garnet is one of the favorites, thanks to its stunning blood-red color and numerous healing properties.
But did you know that the word garnet comes from the Latin word “granatum” which means pomegranate? Its intense color resembles the glistening deep red seeds of the fruit.
Garnet was already considered precious and symbolic thousands of years ago, in different parts of the world. The king of Saxony was said to have a garnet that weighed over 465 carats. Plato had himself immortalized with his portrait engraved on a garnet by a Roman engraver. The interiors of many Bohemian castles and churches were adorned with garnet. And according to the Talmud, a huge garnet was the only source of light on Noah’s Ark, guiding them through the great flood.
Even then, the garnet was already used for several purposes. It served as a powerful and protective talisman during the Crusades. It was a sacred stone of the Native and South Americans Indians, Aztecs, African tribes and Mayans. And it was also used as a weapon by Asiatic tribes, being launched from sling bows and later as bullets.
Today, garnet is a powerful, energizing and regenerating stone. It is best known for its healing properties.
Here are some of them :
- Linked with the heart chakra, it is a stone of strong, intense feelings. It represents love, sexuality, warmth, devotion, trust, understanding, sincerity and honesty in a relationship
- Balances your energy. It extracts negative energy, anger, and discord and brings back the body’s positive, harmonious energy while providing a warm, calming, influence.
- Helps overcome depression and melancholia and strengthens one’s will to survive during a traumatic crisis. It brings hope and courage to those who feel helpless.
- Its connection to the pituitary gland can stimulate awareness. It helps one understand himself as well as other people better, and it assists with past-life recall.
- It harnesses your creative power and fills you with passion and determination to fulfill your goals. It’s best used when you need to stop procrastinating and get motivated.
- Regenerates the body and enhances metabolism. It treats diseases of the spine, bone, cellular structure, and composition.
- Removes bodily toxins while curing the heart of palpitations and purifying the lungs, blood and other vital organs. It assists in the assimilation of vitamins and minerals while boosting the immune system.
- Enhances physical strength, endurance, and vigor. It is said to be very beneficial during times when one needs to exert one’s self.
The power of the garnet is best harnessed when it is worn as jewelry, something that can be close to you at all times in order for you to acquire all the wonderful benefits this stone can give.